Whangamata Area School is a co-educational school which offers a unique educational opportunity with schooling from Year 1 right through to Year 13.
With a roll of 480 students the school is large enough to have the advantages of a range of specialist teachers and facilities, yet small enough to retain the flexibility and pastoral support individual students need. We are able to offer small class sizes throughout the school.
We encourage a family atmosphere where staff, pupils and their families all enjoy the state of the art facilities we have to offer. A feature of Whangamata Area School is that our pupils have plenty of staff and community support for their learning because it is a smaller school.
Our school offers a full range of academic courses plus plenty of opportunities to be involved in numerous sporting, cultural, leadership and extra curricular events. We are proud of the students we produce and of their achievements.
My stay in New Zealand was the best time in my life! I got to know so many amazing people that I will never forget. And I love every single one of them but especially my host family. They made me feel like a part of the family and I enjoyed every second with them…..I will never forget all the people, my school life.
Sports, Activities & Trips
We offer a range of cultural and co-curricular activities
Sports & Activities
- Kapa Haka
- Young leaders programme
- Noho Marae Experience
- Cross Country
- Touch Rugby
- Skate Boarding
- Senior Ski Trip
- Mountain Biking
- Sports Exchange
Languages we teach
- Spanish tutor available
- German (taught by correspondence)
- Mandarin (taught by correspondence)
- French (taught by correspondence)
- Japanese (taught by correspondence)
End of Year Programme
We offer a comprehensive end of year programme to students not sitting national exams.
Activities are in and around Whangamata and the Coromandel, followed by
a visit to the Rotorua area for cultural and adventure activities.
Activities include a visit to Waitomo Caves, Hamilton City, Hobbiton, Paintball, Kayak to ‘Donut’ Island, Surfing, White Water Rafting, Agrodome, Luge, Te Puia, Redwood Forest Canopy Tour, etc.
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
Mr Don Stewart
Dean of International Students
International Student Administrator
Please note that these fees are approximate. Contact StudyNZ or the school for exact fees depending on your choice of activities or subjects.
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|School Fees||$3,625.00 nzd||$3,625.00 nzd||$3,625.00 nzd||$3,625.00 nzd|
|Homestay Fees||$2,750.00 nzd||$2,500.00 nzd||$2,500.00 nzd||$2,500.00 nzd|
|Extramural Fees||$ nzd||$ nzd||$ nzd||$ nzd|
|Study NZ Fees*||$2,600.00 nzd|
* Our Fees include the consultation beforehand, school choice, assistance with all paperwork and visa application, preparation for time abroad. Pick up on arrival. Transfer to family or domestic flight depending on destination and support during entire stay in New Zealand for student and family. Airport drop off or check in support in Auckland for departure to home country depending on departure situation. We also offer orientation and farewell camps for our students on arrival and departure. Health Insurance is compulsory and can be taken out through StudyNZ with Unicare under our Masterpolicy.