Bethlehem College is a special character co-ed state integrated school for Years 1 – 13 (ages 5-18).
The school is located in a high decile neighbourhood, a few minutes drive from the thriving coastal Tauranga city centre. It is set on sprawling and picturesque grounds and has a reputation for excellence. Students enjoy a safe and supportive learning environment in a school that is large enough to cater to a range of interests but has maintained a close community feeling.
While know for its academic success, students at Bethlehem College are encouraged to grow in all areas of their lives. This is captured in the four pillars of school life identified within Bethlehem College as academic, sporting, cultural and spiritual.
What makes us unique?
A focus on excellence in all areas aimed at equipping our students for effective service and leadership within school and beyond. Our biblically based curriculum is founded on shaping the moral, challenging the intellectual, developing the cultural and exercising the physical.
Our picturesque campus is large, modern and well equipped with everything needed to encourage student success in the 21st century.
Students are enabled in a safe, supportive environment to make the most of the many opportunities on offer, both in class and out of class.
Sports, Activities & Trips
Students will get various opportunities to participate in sports trips, and other types of education outside of the classroom. Most subjects incorporate class trips into the learning curriculum to increase student engagement. Students on sports teams will often travel to participate in inter-school tournaments and our Outdoor Education programme includes various trips to participate in activities such as white water rafting, stand-up paddle boarding, hiking and rock climbing. Students involved in the music programme also regularly travel to festival and competition events as part of the school choirs or orchestra. A special part of our school programme is the opportunity students get to participate on school service trips to places of need such as Tonga, Vanuatu, Cambodia and the Solomon Islands.
Sports & Activities
- Student Camps at most year levels
- Service trips to Tonga, Vanuatu, Cambodia and the Solomon Islands
- Choir Camp, Big Sing Competition
- Outdoor Education Class Trips to white water rafting, stand-up paddle boarding, rock climbing and surfing
- History trip to Waitangi
- Band Camp, Wellington Jazz Band Festival
- Geography trips to Tongariro National Park, Waihi gold mine, Coast
- Sport team trips to Winter and Summer tournaments
- Commerce class trip to Wellington treasury department
- Winter and Summer camps for International Students
- Biology trip to the Zoo in Auckland
- And other trips from time to time such as the BC Dance Group qualifying for the NZMade Dance awards in Palmerston North this year.
- Kapa Haka (Maori cultural group)
- Stage Challenge Dance Competition
- Talent Quest
Languages we teach
- Other languages by correspondence
- Music - including orchestra, jazz band, various choirs and individual lessons
- Sports Science
- Design and Visual Technology
- Material Technology
End of Year Programme
Bethlehem College offers a special programme in November, for those senior students who are not sitting the NZ national exams. We offer a great range of activities (based on student interest) such as; Black Water Rafting, Cathedral Cove, High Ropes, Hobbiton, Jet Boating, Luge, Mountain Biking, Tongariro Crossing, Waitomo Caves, White Island, White Water Rafting, Zip Lining, and day trips to Auckland, Rotorua or Taupo.
The Year Planner below is designed to assist students plan their participation in sports of interest during their time here at Bethlehem College. Most sports are operated through our school sports office, with practices on-site and games off-site. Some sports are organised through external community sporting organisations.
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|Surf Life Saving|
Director of International
Please note that these fees are approximate. Contact StudyNZ or the school for exact fees depending on your choice of activities or subjects.
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|School Fees||$3,700.00 nzd||$3,700.00 nzd||$3,700.00 nzd||$3,700.00 nzd|
|Homestay Fees||$2,990.00 nzd||$2,990.00 nzd||$2,990.00 nzd||$2,990.00 nzd|
|Extramural Fees||$1,000.00 nzd||$1,000.00 nzd||$1,000.00 nzd||$1,000.00 nzd|
|Study NZ Fees*||$2,600.00 nzd|
* Our Fees include the consultation beforehand, school choice, assistance with all paperwork and visa application, preparation for time abroad. Pick up on arrival. Transfer to family or domestic flight depending on destination and support during entire stay in New Zealand for student and family. Airport drop off or check in support in Auckland for departure to home country depending on departure situation. We also offer orientation and farewell camps for our students on arrival and departure. Health Insurance is compulsory and can be taken out through StudyNZ with Unicare under our Masterpolicy.